Friday 17 August 2012

Homemade Pink Grapefruit softdrink

Well I have finally gotten around to making a homemade version of my most favourite softdrink....Pink Grapefruit.

It was so easy and yummy..I don't think I will even buy softies again.  After making homemade lemonade for our wonderful cousins from down south a few holidays ago..I knew it was easy, refreshing and most of all satisfying to know what we were drinking.

So we did it. I set up the campfire to welcome the first scent of Spring...threw together some nibblies and prepared the softdrink.






The recipe is sooo easy...there is no reason not to make our own and I didn't even mind if the kids drank a whole glass....fresh juice and herbs with the sugar syrup isn't really that bad as a treat I say!!!

1 cup of sugar (I will only use 1/2 cup next time)
1 cup of water
2 cups of juice
3 cups of soda water
fresh herbs

Bring the sugar and water to the boil then reduce to simmer to dissolve the sugar.

Let cool a little. I popped ice cubes in mine (to cool and water down the sugar content can't hurt)
Then squeezed my pink grapefruits..I haven't used 2 full cups of juice either time I made it, because they would take too long and I am into speedy concoctions)
Then mix in the juice and soda water and any fresh herb you desire.

And drink to your little hearts desire.  It makes about the right amount for our whole family to have a refreshing treat.

I will keep experimenting with different juices and herbs and look forward to every experience.



Even Daisy the Duck knew the campfire was the place to be....

No comments:

Post a Comment