Wednesday 8 August 2012

New doona cover for my sweetie

I finally got around to finishing a doona cover I started on a few years ago. I didn't want to use up some expensive fabrics...but as time went by I realised I best use them and make the cover or she won't even be into it anymore.

We made it 3D by sewing on trims, lace, ruffles, button and fabric rosettes we made.


I just ended up using every bit of colourful pastel fabric I had to mix and match...it was just a small panel and I just had to keep adding coordinating fabrics.  I love it now.  So pretty in their room.  Now to start on number two cover!

A pretty clip in the hair, a butterfly sewn on and a pretty apron with sequin belt.

Each little fairy has her own unique designed dress...ruffles here and frilly waist with ribbon hair ties

I made the pillowcase reversible,...fairies print on one side and this side the sheeting with a pillow pocket that she can write little notes in for me.  Last night I got a little note of beautifully neat sight words written to show me.

No comments:

Post a Comment