Thursday, 21 February 2013

Creativeness strikes again

In my not-so-great effort to keep things tidy and sort out my craft room/computer room I have decided to get in and use a lot of stuff that appears to be not worth keeping to my darling husband...but of course I know otherwise.

I came across a pretty smashed up lampshade and I have been wanting to make a fur lampshade for my or the girls room as it seems to add such warmth to the area and of course I have some spare fur pieces lying around....but then I came across a bag of bridal fabric offcuts I was lucky enough to receive over 10 years ago from a dressmaker and saw the net lining (with ribbon edging) in the bag.

So this is what I did:

The lampshade was for a pedestal or side lamp and I had no lamps with the correct fitting to attach to a rooftop...sooooo....I bent that baby up until it was so crooked I couldn't attach the light and then I took the hammer and sorted it out.....(hence not so pretty at the top) but nothing a hotglued pile of fabric couldn't fix.

So, I glued on some scrap pink gingham,...which didn't actually fit so I had to do a minor collage job on it at the back....(noone will notice this because it is under the net skirt)

Then I glued the net on, ruffling as I went...and glued a ribbon around that to cover the glue.  Then to finish it I attached some vintage yellow lace to the top....

I am so pleased with really looks very pretty.

Oh, I glued ric rac around the inside bottom too, to hide the glued up fabric.